The church stands on a Chiltern hill high above West Wycombe with its superb golden ball that can be seen for many miles around. The present day building is made up of three seperate structures, a Saxon Church, a Norman tower and an eighteenth century box building. All three were joined together by Sir Francis Dashwood in 1763 at a cost of around £6000. Inspiration for the knave came from the 3rd centuary AD ruins at Palmyra of the Sun Temple, no doubt seen on his grand tour of Europe and the Ottoman Empire. The 14mm ultrawide again.